WordPress is a powerful blog publishing platform, and it powers 15% of the total websites on the Internet today. It's easy to install, simple to use and very extensible, thanks to its wide plugin database.
If you publish a blog using WordPress, you can insert your opt-in form on your blog to collect email addresses, giving you a chance to follow up with your readers and build your email marketing list.
You can easily use your opt-in form on your WordPress blog with the help of a simple plugin. Here's the step by step process to do the same:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and move your mouse over the Plugins menu. This will bring up a sub-menu, where you would need to click on 'Add New'
- On the Install Plugins page, type 'imnicamail' in the search box and click the 'Search Plugins' button
- In the list of plugins in the search results, look for the Imnica Mail plugin with "0.2.4" as the version number and click on Install Now. Click 'Yes' when asked if you want to install the plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed, click the 'Activate Plugin' link
- ImnicaMail will appear as an option on the menu on the left. Move your mouse over that, and select Authentication from the menu that appears.
- On this page, you would need to enter your Imnica Mail username and password. Once you've done that, click the Authenticate Login button. If you get an error, please make sure that your username and password are correct.
- Then, click the link in the success page to customize your opt-in form (you can also click on Customize Form on the left hand menu)
- On this page, you'll be able to select your list from the dropdown. If you don't see the name of your list(s), click the Refresh button. Then, select the list you want to create the form for ('Buyers' in our example)
- You can now select which custom fields you'd like to show in the form. Select the custom fields you want, and save your changes.
- Now, move your mouse over the Appearance option in the left menu, and click on 'Widgets'
- You should see the Imnica Mail Widget listed in available widgets.
- Click and drag this widget, and drop it on the Sidebar area on the right.
- You can give a title to your widget such as "Sign up!" or "Subscribe" etc. This is optional. Click the Save button to save your changes.
- Now, visit your site in a new window, and your form would show up on the sidebar.
In case you want to display your form in a post or a page, insert this code in the WordPress editor:
You can also customize different options for your form, such as the text on the subscribe button, or use a graphic submit button, and enable or disable the Imnica Mail link at the bottom of the form by going to ImnicaMail > Settings in your WordPress admin.